Nowadays, internet security is a big concern for everyone. Especially the virus is not only picking up desktops but also the smartphones we use every day and night. How do we know that our Android phone is getting a virus? And most importantly, how to prevent or remove the virus from our phone?
Does My Phone Have a Virus?
There are a few signs your Android phone may be infected with a virus.
- The phone suddenly becomes slow.
- An unusually high amount of data usage.
- The battery is easily drained.
- Pop up ads or messages with a link.
- Suspicious notifications from unknown services.
- Unauthorized in-app purchases.
Other reasons may cause these signs, too. But to prevent the bad virus thing happened, we should keep these signs seriously. Back up your Android phone and scan for virus by antivirus software regularly are necessary for everyone now.
How to remove a virus from your Android phone?
If you think you have a virus on your Android phone, these are several steps you can take to remove it.
- Reboot to safe mode and uninstall any suspicious apps. If your system has a virus, the first thing to do is reboot your phone to safe mode. It will disable all third-party apps you have installed.
- Press and hold the Power button on your Android phone, tap and hold Power off. Then, tap OK.
- Settings > Apps > Downloaded or Settings > Apps & notifications > See all X apps.
- Uninstall the app you didn’t download before or the one might carry the virus.
- If you can’t uninstall the app, follow these steps: Settings > Security > Device administrators, Deactivate or deselect these access, then uninstall those apps.
- Restart your phone.
- Run an antivirus scan. Using a professional cleaning app to scan virus regularly. It helps to prevent and remove the virus on time. And always remember to back up your Android data.